Keeping the flame of faith alive!
Céad míle fáilte to our parish website! Darndale Belcamp Parish extends over the areas of Darndale, Belcamp, Newtown and Burnell (Northern Cross).
We believe that every person in the Parish of Darndale Belcamp is invited to live in the love of God. To this end we strive to be a welcoming community of faith, open to people of all ages and nationalities, and to those who are on the journey of faith at whatever point.
We witness to the joy of the Gospel by our words and actions, through reflection on the Word of God and the celebration of the Sacraments, and by providing opportunities, services and outreach so that every person can realise their God-given calling and potential.
1972 - Present
Click for Leo's email
Click for Ned's email
Click for Lumay's email
Click for Joan's email
Click for Lorraine's email
Parish Pastoral Council April 2015 - March 2018
(extended to Sept. 2018)
Cora Farrelly, Chair
George Rigney, Vice Chair
Antoinette Flynn, Deanery Representative
Lorraine Moran, PPC Secretary
Marie Franzoni, Tracey Elliott,
Helen Daly, Kathleen Russell,
Hilda McLoughlin, Nancy Gorman
Fr Leo, Fr Ned, Sr Lumay
April 2015 - March 2018
(extended to Sept. 2018)
George Rigney, Chair
Antoinette Flynn, Tracey Elliott,
Cora Walsh, Fr Leo,
Fr Ned, Fr Leo, Josie O'Connor
Willie Byrne, Richard Smyth
Sr Lumay, Joan McDonald,
Lisa Lawless, Sharon Ward,
Lisa Gavin, Hilda McLoughlin
1893: Oblates of Mary Immaculate (OMI) have a long history in the area dating back to 1893 when the French Oblates took over Belcamp Hall after they were expelled from France. The Irish Oblates turned it into a College for aspiring seminarians and later in the mid 1970s a Secondary School of boys living locally and during its final decade a mixed school for boys and girls before the sale of the college in 2005.
1971: Darndale was constituted as a Parish from Coolock Parish with Fr Jim Butler OMI appointed as the administrator and first Parish Priest.
1972: The first building constructed in Darndale were the Community Hall and two national schools.
1974: First parishioners took up residence in the new 923 local authority housing scheme in Darndale.
1976: Sisters of the Holy Family of Bordeaux set up a new foundation in Darndale.
1981: 300 new local authority houses constructed in Belcamp Priorswood.
1982: The new Church dedicated to Our Lady Immaculate was opened and blessed by Most Rev. Dermot Ryan, Archbishop of Dublin.
1998: The Newlife Centre opened after having been partitioned from the main church. The "Our Lady" section of the church was converted into a Centre offering a warm welcoming space for families, older people and young people to realise their potential.